Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Letter from the Storheim's

Hi Brother and Sister Allen, I wrote you the following letter and then didn't get it sent. I found it is the drafts folder today. I will just send as is. So sorry for the delay. Your darling daughter arrived here in Bodø one week ago today. I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to write. Let me introduce ourselves. We are John and Denise Storheim from Salt Lake City. My husband and I have been serving as a senior missionary couple for 16 months here in Bodø. We return to Salt Lake in July and will really miss these missionaries and this part of the country. We are the only other missionaries that serve in this area, so basically the girls have their own foster grandpa and grandma! Sister Allen is serving with Sister Peterson, who is lively and sweet, very tiny and a wonderful missionary. They seem to make a great team together. They are doing great work. Bodø is above the Arctic Circle and it is still winter here, but we do have some signs of spring, with buds on the trees and grass starting to green up. We do have constant wind here, but it is seldom below freezing, however the wind chill factor makes it feel much colder. It's still only about 40 as the high. The area all around Bodø, is unbelievably beautiful in every direction. I'll attach some photos or links for you to look at. Sunday was the 17th of May, Norway,s Independence Day. There were celebrations all over the country. The first picture is Jessica arriving at the airport and meeting Sister Brielle Peterson from So. Jordan, UT. 
The next one is at church.  
The last one is at our apartment for dinner. 
More photos to come,  

Have a wonderful day!  


The Storheim's



No comments:

Post a Comment