Monday, March 21, 2016

We had a Special Week.

God Påske!

We had a special week.  Our mission president took the car away because Ålesund needs to more than us, so we became bus missionaries! It was a little stressful, but it is kind of nice not having to worry about a car and all of my other areas have been bus areas. We have no idea how to use the buses, so it is kind of fun getting lost.

Spring is in the air and it feels so good to be outside. We had a visit from the sister training leaders this week. Sister Randall from the MTC was one of them and I was soo happy to spend a day with her. She is one my best friends in the mission. Love her!

Sister Randall got to come on splits with us in Drammen. 
It was the first time I got to do missionary work with her and spend a day with her since the MTC. 
Love her so much!

We also learned how to knit from Norwegian ladies! Dreams do come true! So I have been knitting during our lunch break and after we plan at night. It is addicting.

We taught this lovely girl on a bench on Thursday and it was all in norwegian and I just sitting there thinking.. wow I can have a 2 hours conversation all in Norwegian. It was a good moment. She was super cool. I want to be her best friend.

One of my sweet friends, from Trondheim and then she moved her to Drammen right before I got transferred here, lost her mother last week. So we spent some time with her on Friday. She is a huge example to me of strength. It was tender for me to share time with her that night.

Saturday, we met with one of our awesome investigators. I love her and I love seeing her faith grow! I am really impressed by her courage to meet with the missionaries. It is not a normal thing to do here in Norway. She doesn't really have any support.

I have already probably talked about this, but I love the old lady members in Norway! They are so wise and I have learned so much from them! They are strong in the faith. It has been a gift to be able to hear their stories.

If you haven't seen this yet watch it.. https://www.mormon.org/easter

Also, if you want to get in the Easter mood read "The Living Christ." I read it today and felt the spirit so strong. Jesus is the Christ. He lives! He is King. He is the Light, Life, and Hope of the world. He is coming soon.

Love,
 Søster Allen



Last p-day we celebrated Elder Hadley's birthday by eating pizza on the top of the mountain. 


My cute companion!



 Sunny days!





No comments:

Post a Comment