Monday, March 9, 2015

Serve the Lord with Gladness

Wow, you have lots of Questions so I will try to answer them all.

Church was good we had two investigators come to church yesterday.

It is a lot different here in Norway compared to Texas. In Texas we had dinner appointments almost every night. We never have dinner appointments here in Norway. I eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.. haha the chocolate is amazing here! We cook our own meals. They don't eat much here. You can't just go out to eat because it is so expensive. I noticed they eat a lot of sweets. I bought a sushi tray the other day at the grocery store. I miss so many food that they don't have here in Norway. They don't have much. haha So I am losing weight. Shoot. I must eat more chocolate I guess. ;) They have a H&M on like ever corner in Oslo. It is kind of hilarious. We joke and say where is H&M? They have like 10 stores. I have a washer in my apartment and a rack to dry my clothes. Hopefully, I answered all of your questions.

This week was great! Norway is da best! Oslo is beautiful. We have a solid investigator with a baptismal date. He is from Croatia, so we skype with Croatian missionaries. Like I said in past emails.. Oslo is a melting pot. There are people from all over the world who live here.. so I hear so many different languages. I don't think that is helping with my Norwegian. haha.

Tangent:
I had Norwegian waffles this week for Søster Hudson's birthday. All you put on the waffles is Brown cheese and jam. It is amazing!

I had some amazing experiences street contacting this week. I believe it was Friday.. I contacted this German man that wasn't very nice and he kind of hurt my feelings, but I kept the faith! I knew because of that experience a good experience was in store.. Later that day we contacted all nice people! Not one of them was rude or mean. Out of the people we talk to we got two new investigators. One of the guys we talked to was agonist and Norwegian. We asked him if he ever prayed before. He said he had not in a long time and he forgot how. We taught him how and he was up for doing it. While he was saying the prayer I felt the spirit so strong! Ah! Afterwards we asked him how he felt. He said he felt good and he had the biggest smile on his face. We told him that what he was feeling was the Holy Ghost. I testified in norsk that it feels warm and powerful. He agreed that that was what he felt. It was awesome!

The next day we visited a norwegian member and told her about our miracle experiences. While I was telling her about my experience in HORRIBLE norsk.. she started to bawl! I thought it was because my norsk was so bad, but I guess it was because the spirit was so strong. I am so grateful for those experiences because it truly testifies to me that you don't have to be perfect in the language. All that matters is what the spirit testifies. I have to put in a lot of faith into speaking norsk and somehow it is effective. God is real.

Last night, Søster Robbins and I went street contacting and we only talked to nice people! We were able to get three numbers! It was amazing! Ah missionary work is the best! I have found this scripture to be true and how missionary work should be done: Psalms 100:2 "Serve the Lord with gladness." That is what it is all about!

It is so great to be a missionary in Norway! Spring is around the corner! God is good.
I love you all and all your uplifting messages to me! Ha en fin uke!
Love,
Søster Allen




For Pday we went to forest that looked like Harry Potter!


Elder Forsberg & Elder Hurst

My Swedish friend, Sandra and Elder Crump in the back

Here is my awesome district and the Swedish Twins- Sandra and Emma! 




I love my district!
Dinner with the Rasmussens

No comments:

Post a Comment