Monday, January 12, 2015

Humble Texas

My address:
8455 Will Clayton Pkwy
Apt. 107
Humble, TX 77338

They call us the Humble Sisters. :) So cute.

Love,
Sister Allen



Hello!!!!!!
So I love Texas! I am in a place called Humble and I have two companions because I am a visa waiter.  My companions names are Sister Thornton (from Alaska and leaves in March) and Sister Mulivai (from Hawaii got here three months ago). I love them! We all get along well. 
Sister Mulivai, SIster Thornton, & Jess

So I have soo much to say, but soo little time. I get an hour a day for language study, so that is good. Sister Horner is in my district, so I get to see her at least twice a week and have language study with her. 

The church in Texas is amazing and soo missionary minded. The members are so involved with the missionaries and the work. We have a member feed us every night for dinner. 

Funny Story: So Sister Thornton is a Sister Training leader, so I got to go with her to Spanish land Friday-Saturday. So guess what? I taught two lessons in spanish and gave a Spanish book of mormon out..hahaha then that night we went to a spanish baby shower. The spanish culture is soo nice. We got there and the lady having a baby came up to me and kissed me on the check. The cutest. 

Missionary work is fun! If I would have known this before I came out.. I would have come out a lot sooner. Missionary work is very busy, but it's good to be busy and it's good to be doing GOOD busy things. haha People love the missionaries out here. Most people here are religious and believe in Jesus Christ. We already have so much in common. Not gonna lie, contacting freaks me out, but my companion said that I think contacting is awkward for a reason.. they will diffidently remember us. 

I never realized how often miracles happen every day! People are so prepared. God put them in our paths for a reason. Ah the church is true. 

My birthday was so great yesterday! All the missionaries in the district wished me happy birthday via text and left messages. I said the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting in Norsk. It was pretty cool. We have this AWESOME family in the ward that put on a birthday dinner for me and made me a cake. It was such a great birthday. 




Thought for the day:
Today I was studying on how to find people and the word "minister" came to mind. Any time I hear that word I think of Jesus Christ and the life he lived when he was on the earth. Part of our baptismal covenant with God is to take upon Jesus Christ's name and mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort. Anytime we talk to someone it should be with charity and with Christlike love. I am so grateful for the Savior and the Life that he lived. It makes me want to be a better person.

Hope you are all doing well! 
Love you all!
Love,
Soster Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment