Monday, February 1, 2016

The Gospel Causes JOY in my Heart

Hallo fra Drammen!

This is the first area I have served in where everyone speaks norwegian... like everyone.. I haven't taught one lesson in english yet. It will definitely help my language skills, but I am needing a lot prayers for the gift of tongues. haha ya.. Thankfully, the dialect here is the cleanest.

Mandag: We visited two members! I have enjoyed getting to know the members here in Drammen! There are so many!! It may take some time to feel comfortable, but I am getting there.

Tirsdag: We went contacting for a long time and talked to a ton of people! Since we are in a trio sometimes we split up and go on our own.. scary, but whatever. After being a missionary for so long you just get used to it. Then, later that night we had a member visit and she gave us makeovers.. haha it was way weird to see myself with a ton of makeup on again. I felt pretty and old.

getting my makeup done

Onsdag: Sister Firth was sick, so me and Sister House did weekly planning and went through the phones and area book! We got a ton of appointments scheduled because of that!

Torsdag: Sister Firth left for Bergen! She is going there to build up the area for the new sisters that are coming. She will be back in two weeks. Sister House and I went to an investigator appointment and bore testimony of the Book of Mormon. We invited them to church and they came!!

Fredag: Sister House and I went knocking on doors and contacting. Later that night we had another investigator appointment. The spirit was soo strong!! I started crying. I was kind of embarrassed, but what do you ya do. I told her that Jesus Christ loved her and bawled. Ah man you just had to be there.

Lørdag: We had an investigator appointment, went contacting, and banking! Most of our appointments cancelled this week. We had some fun times though! Interesting people we came in contact with that day.. probably the weirdest day of the week. The streets and everywhere is covered in ice! We were slidding into people's drive-ways to knock on their doors. #goodtimeswithsøsterhouse

Søndag: Kirke! It was good! I got to talk to some more members and a ton of them invited us over this week! #blessed. We had a dinner appointment with a member after church! We read in Alma 30 about Korihor (the anti-christ) and Alma's powerful testimony! I loved it and the spirit was so strong. I really love the part in the chapter when Alma is testifying to Korihor and he says,

"Then why sayest thou that we preach unto this people to get gain, 
when thou, of thyself, knowest that we receive no gain? 
And now, believest thou that we deceive this people, 
that causes such joy in their hearts?" 

I love that!! This gospel causes joy in my heart!! Life is so much better when you believe! God is real. This is His church. The Book of Mormon is true! Ah! I am so grateful for this gospel and all that I have learned on my mission! My life is definitely more enriched and fulfilled because of my faith and what I know to be true.

Glad i dere! Ha en varm uke!

Love,
Søster Allen


sunrise this morning and very icy roads

No comments:

Post a Comment