Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sisters Training

Hallo!

Let's see.. Sister Firth came back last Monday, so we are trio again. But Sister Firth goes home next week and we are getting 11 new sisters. I will be training. So that is exciting.

We had zone conferance last week in Oslo and that was way fun! I got to see a lot of my old companions, Sister Peterson (Bodø), Sister Horner (MTC), and Sister Sorensen (Trondheim). It had been one year since I had seen Sister Horner, so it was a good reunion!

We had a lot of good member teaches this week. I feel like I am getting to know the members better here in Drammen. Also, I hit my one year mark in Norway on Wednesday! Crazy!

I had a lot of spiritual experiences this week.. because ya know I am a missionary, but I will share one with you. We met with a recent convert last night and there was a huge change in her. We watched a general conference talk together called "Grateful in Any Circumstances" by Pres. Uchtdorf. A week ago she was soo down and depressed because of certain difficult circumstances. A miracle happened. Things worked out for her. There was a light in her eyes. It was so beautiful to see. She felt like this talk was speaking just to her. I am grateful for prophets and apostles and their wise counsel. They answer prayers. I love seeing that help others.

I read the best talk this week! It is called "Becoming True Millennials by Pres. Russell M. Nelson. He said something that really hit me. He said,
"You will have days when you will be thoroughly discouraged. 
So, pray for courage not to give up! 
You will need that strength because it will become less and less popular to be a Latter-day Saint.
 Sadly, some whom you thought were your friends will betray you. 
And some things will simply seem unfair."
It is going to become less and less popular to believe in God. It is already happening today. I see it in Norway. I see it happening around the world. Do NOT fall into this trend! It is the last days and we need to be extra strong. Life is soo much happier, fulfilling, and peaceful when you believe! Your faith is going to get your through your hard times. This is the truth. This is God's church. The fruits are good. The spirit is here. This is where your Father in Heaven wants you to be. Don't you loose faith. We need your light and examples. Faith in God is the only thing that is going to help us.


Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Sister Allen

Sister Wadley, Sister Hudson, and Sister Sorensen 

Me and Sister Horner!! My MTC and Texas buddy!! I have missed her!


Me and Sister Peterson

Me and Sister Sorenson

the cutest hamster eating lettuce.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment