Monday, June 15, 2015

This is What Missionary Work Looks Like

Where to even begin.. my love for Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the gospel increases every week as a missionary in Norway. Even though we face a lot of opposition every day it is a priviledge to suffer, serve, and testify of Jesus Christ. The rejection can be hard, but it is during those times that I truly think about why I am out here on a mission. I can't imagine myself not wearing a name tag anymore.. It is life changing to be a missionary.

It has been a very Cold, windy, rainy week and it is June. haha It is all part of the Northern Norway experience. ;) It is awesome. Me and Søster Peterson used Our umbrellas as Shields towards the Wind. and it was quite the treat contacting in the rain. We were completely drenched and while asking People if they believed in God Our umbrellas would go inside out. It was cool though. I think People found us peculiar. :)

This was what missionary work was like this week! haha so funny! 
Me and Søster Peterson laughed so hard.

We taught a ton of lessons this week and I learned the importance of extending a baptismal commitment on the first lesson. It really helps in the long run and the investigator is able to explain their reason for truly Meeting With us. It also establishes Our purpose and role as missionaries. To help People truly come unto Christ they need to be baptized and we help them understand that and provide spiritual experiences. We were able to give a baptismal date to this guy yesterday and he accepted, so we will help him prepare for his baptism and make sure it is for the right reasons.

We get to go to Trondheim this Tuesday for a Zone Leader Training and say goodbye to President and Søster Evans. So that is exciting! I will get to see other missionaries including Søster Leland from the MTC! Yay! I am so Grateful I was sent here to Bodø. It is something I will never forget.

-Søster Allen



Beautiful Bodø!

Spending p-day With the Storheims last week. It was freezing!




No comments:

Post a Comment