Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sunshiny Texas

Hallo Alle!
I am still snakke pa Norsk.. 

I only have my Norwegian Name tag in Texas so people always ask me, "what is that?!" haha I love it. 
This week was full of miracles! It's amazing to be a missionary.. you have front row seats to the best change of a person's life!

Sister Hornton & Jess 

Jess & Sister Mulivai

On Wednesday we went contacting and found a women that wanted missionaries to come to her house! Amazing! We seriously did nothing! She said she grew up baptist, but she doesn't think it is for her and her grandparents were LDS at one time. She felt like she needed to look into this religion. So amazing.. Then.. she referred us to a neighbor down the way. We found this woman outside looking very upset. Sister Thornton asked her if we could sing her a song. We sang "Nearer My God to Thee" and she let us into her house. She wants us to come back and see her.

On Thursday we taught a family that was referred by their cousin. We taught the Restoration and Sister Mulivai in the lesson said, "Sister Allen will now tell you that experience that Joseph Smith had.." I was able to say the 1st vision word for word in that moment. I hadn't practiced it since mission prep at home. I had it memorized in Norsk, but not in English. It was truly the spirit working through me.

On Friday, I was feeling kind of down and inadequate from the days before because I felt like I wasn't connecting with some of the people. I prayed that I would connect with someone that day..
We visited a less active teen and I was able to share my heart with her. It was the first time I felt like I had something to give and offer. Because of what I had gone through I was able to help her. I prayed to my Heavenly Father in gratitude for the tender mercy. The rest of the day I was on fire. 

Every morning we state our purpose and say: 3 Nephi 5:13. 
"Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ the Son of God, 
I have been called of Him to declare His word 
among His people 
that they might have ever-lasting life."
We are representing Jesus Christ and our Loyalty should be to Him.

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have come to know Him because I had a DESIRE to know Him. He is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT. He is the LIGHT. Have you ever thought of that? Everything on earth that is light and good is Christ. He is EVERYTHING. People can CHANGE through Him and His Atonement. The Book of Mormon is either true or false. Ask if it is good? Then do something about it. Have Faith, Have Hope, and Have Charity. This is the best way to live. It is more fulfilling and satisfying. God is REAL and He LIVES. MIRACLES happen everyday. Now go shine your light on others!

Love, 
Sister Allen

Answers to your questions:
-We drive a car, walk, and when we get our bike fixed.. we will ride bikes.
-Houston is warm and sunny. I don't have the right clothes for here.
-We get $70 a transfer
-We eat lunch at home.
-We have a computer lab at the office of our apartments. Soo nice.
-I have a washer and dryer in my apartment. I am spoiled.




exchanges with cute Sister Casas.

No comments:

Post a Comment